From opening accounts from the blogs, it looks like MBS is a few rungs up on RWS in terms of class, design and service. Looks spectacular.
MBS and RWS comparison
Marina BaySands / Resorts World Sentosa
Cost S$7.5 bn / S$6.6bn
Slots 1,500 / 1,300
Tables 670 / 530
Hotel Rooms 2,600 / 1,800
MICE floor 1,291,669 sq. ft. / 647,880 sq. ft.
Casino floor 161,000 sq. ft. / 161,000 sq. ft.
Retail space 800,000 sq. ft. / 330,000 sq. ft.
Restaurants 17 / 60
Non-gaming : Sands Skypark / Universal Studios Sg
Amenities: Helix pedestrian walkway / Marine Life Park
Marina Bay Sands opening timeline
17-Apr Temporary occupancy certificate granted
25-Apr Casino license granted
27-Apr Marina Bay Phase 1 (Soft opening)
- 963 of 2600 hotel rooms
- Full casino (161K sq. ft.)
- Portion of MICE and retail space
- 3 celebrity, one 24hr. restaurant, 2 noodle bars
23-June Marina Bay Phase 2 (Grand opening)
- Remaining hotel rooms/suites (2,600 total)
- Additional retail and MICE space
- Entertainment pavilion
- SkyPark (exact timing subject to change)
August 2010 All restaurants should conclude opening
December 2010 Marina Bay Phase 3
- All retail should conclude opening
- Science museum opens
- Light and water show on Marina Bay debuts