Skip to main content

Gotta Love 'Em Goldman Bankers

Want to know how the top 2-3% looks at life .... how disdainfully ... (facepalm). Heard the following conversation snippets inside GS elevators.


#1: Some chick asked me what I would do with 10 million bucks. I told her I'd wonder where the rest of my money went.

#1: The fact that most people are too stupid to know how dumb they really are is the fabric holding our society together.

#1: Whenever someone asks how I'm doing, I usually just lie and say 'good', even though I'm doing a lot better than that.

#1: Checking your phone after someone else pulls out their phone is the yawn of our generation.

#1: ‘Do what you love' is great advice for making 30k a year.

#1: Some people assume I am quiet, boring, or shy, without ever realizing that I just don't like them.

#1: Poor people eat so much fast food you'd think their time was valuable.

 #1: The people with the loudest social media conscience conveniently forget that their iPhone is made by slave labor in China.

 #1: Work hard. Eat right. Exercise. Don't drink too much. And only buy what you can afford. It's not rocket science.

 "Money can't buy happiness but it solves 95% of the problems that make you unhappy."

 #1: Dinner with my wife’s friends is such a chore. It’s impossible to remember which ones she secretly hates.

 [At the gym] #1: What machine should I use to impress the girls? #2: The ATM.

 #1: Most celebrities barely have high school diplomas so who gives a shit what they think on substantive issues.

 “Hot girls will never know if they are actually interesting or not."

 #1: Only idiots get bored when we've all got handheld devices containing infinite knowledge at our fingertips.

 #1: I start every cell conversation with 'my phone's about to die' so they don't waste my time.
 Fox News panic over Ebola. 100% of scientists say not to. 99% of scientists panic over climate change. Fox News says not to.

 #1: The NSA is the only branch of the government that actually listens to people.

 #1: Starbucks needs a separate line for people who have their shit together.

 #1: I don't have an iPhone case. I'm not irresponsible or poor.

 #1: The grass is greener on the other side because it's fertilized with bullshit.

 #1: The new standard of cool is hanging out with friends and not ever looking at a phone.

 #1: Don't apologize for being late with a Starbucks latte in your hand.

 #1: You shouldn't retire until your money starts making more money than you made in your best year.

 #1: I love how politicians complain about tax loopholes as if they didn’t write the laws.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Master, A National Treasure

REPOST:  Its been more than two years since I posted on my sifu. This is probably the most significant posting I had done thus far that does not involve business or politics. My circle of close friends and business colleagues have benefited significantly from his treatment.


My Master, Dr. Law Chin Han (from my iPhone)

Where shall I start? OK, just based on real life experiences of those who are close to me. The entire Tong family (Bukit Kiara Properties) absolutely swear that he is the master of masters when it comes to acupuncture (and dentistry as well). To me, you can probably find many great dentists, but to find a real Master in acupuncture, thats a whole different ballgame.


I am not big aficionado of Chinese medicine or acupuncture initially. I guess you have to go through the whole shebang to appreciate the real life changing effects from a master.


My business partner and very close friend went to him after 15 years of persistent gout problem, he will get his heavy attacks at least…

Long Weekends

Passengers - Go Watch It

Passengers. Brilliant story telling. Visionary yet believable. Like Martian, only better. Space travel, science, romantic, desolation, philosophical, mortality n its devastation, spectacular imagery. Being human n humane. 9.7/10