Thursday, April 03, 2014

Frozen ... Planning A Musical Before A Movie

Undoubtedly, Frozen is one of the best animated movies for the past decade ... it beats the fun and joy of Toy Story series, Ice Age series ... because the story line is within all of us. The need to reconnect to those closest to us. Frozen also works because too many of us put on facades, which we are loathed to face the world with, that the world cannot accept us the way we are. The movie has obviously been made with it being a MUSICAL ON BROADWAY ... the songs are magnificent.

Some of you may be shocked to read me posting something about a cartoon. It takes an adult to appreciate good things, whatever form they come in. I wish I have children now because this movie could help us talk about so many values I wish to impart and discuss.

Do You Want To Build A Snowman is soooo sad ... about a girl wanting to build a snowman again with her sister, who cannot be with her because of her uncertain powers. Kristen Bell plays the role, if you have watched House of Lies, you would be like me, you love Kristen Bell for reasons very different from her virtues and talents in Frozen. I like this song better than Let it Go ... after the movie if you listen to Do You Want To Build A Snowman, it is the simplicity and faith to believe in someone whom we care and will still continue to reach out for  ... it breaks your heart even more than listening to it the first time.

... and how good was Kristen Bell to sing the song with a changing voice from a young girl to a teenager to an adult ...

Idina Menzel sings Let It Go, Idina Menzel was the great lead in Wicked, the great musical (a kinda incredibly creative prequel to The Wizard of OZ.) So, you tell me, Disney already planned for a MUSICAL before the movie!!??










In the end, we are all the same ... the same things that make us laugh, make us cry, make us yearn ... Disney's "Frozen" became the highest-grossing animated film of all time, topping $1 billion worldwide and inspiring a #CongratulationsFrozen hashtag on Twitter.
One reason for the film's runaway success? That infectious Oscar-winning song that says it's okay to be yourself, unwittingly we love Let It Go because it gives us the release, the freedom to let go what weigh us down, burdens we carry for reasons unexplained, letting go of bad memories and hurts — in fact, let it go and belt it out from a snow-covered mountain top while you're at it. It's a message that has proven deeply resonant around the globe.
The fact that the House of Mouse tailored its snowy movie for several non-English speaking audiences, dubbing it in 41 languages total, didn't hurt a thing. This new in-studio version of "Let It Go" in 25 languages, offers a peek into the arduous process of dubbing the film and its songs into 41 tongues.

Let It Go In 25 Languages

5 comments:

ronnie said...

I have not seen the movie. But I will after reading your posting.

Thanks for the heads up.

slayer said...

Just a quick note - Kristen Bell didn't do all three voices on 'Snowman'. The younger voices include the daughter of the songwriters. Wonderful movie though - watched it twice with my daughters

bsngpg said...

Just bought the DVD last weekend and my kids play this movie at least twice a day. My 6 year old daughter can dance as Elsa. My 11 year old son printed out the lyric and can sing and act the whole song with blanket on shoulder as the overcoat of Elsa. The movie is so influencing. The last kiss makes my daughter closed her eyes. She is only six, too small for this.
It is a good movie, should not miss it.

bsngpg said...

Just bought the DVD last weekend and my kids play this movie at least twice a day. My 6 year old daughter can dance as Elsa. My 11 year old son printed out the lyric and can sing and act the whole song with blanket on shoulder as the overcoat of Elsa. The movie is so influencing. The last kiss makes my daughter closed her eyes. She is only six, too small for this.
It is a good movie, should not miss it.

GL said...

This is worth a BD!!... Though have got a DVD after watching with my kids at the cinema. .. This movie will be close to my kids' hearts esp my little daughter - as E.T. etc was to me..... fully agree the songs are marvellous! Parents out there. .. This is one of the best investment you can have for your kids. .. and family!