Tuesday, June 04, 2013

My Life's Aphorisms

Readers of my blog will notice that I haven't been updating my blog lately ... usually I am pretty not that busy ... now I have to go to Singapore every week for a couple of days ... and then there are the many meetings that suddenly crop up and classes that I have to give for Murasaki ... blah blah ... I miss writing my blog, I love it because its like a diary of sorts, I cannot ignore my blog cause its now 6 years of my life. If anyone reads it carefully, they would know me very well cause I never write to create a false persona, if you think I am an asshole, you are probably right. I don't like to be busy, it makes time flies, and I don't get to sit and relax and enjoy. My Monday nights drinks sessions are sacred, those of you who are part of it knows too well. We all have to slow things down and take stock of what we are doing, whether they correlate to fulfillment of your goals in life, so I think its time to re-look my own aphorisms in life, making sure I stay centered amidst the noise.

--------------------------------

Don't aim just to be rich, aim to create wealth, create better lives, create better livelihoods for people, create jobs where others can contribute to society and be a useful participant.

Use your wealth to fund your passions and causes, and don't forget to enjoy yourself in the process.

Stand up for injustice, for the downtrodden, for those who cannot help themselves. Aim for equality for all, in all.

Have a zest for good things, finer things in life, its OK to to enjoy.

Surround yourself with positive people. Make sure your life partner is enthusiastic, have energy for life, and empathy for people, friends and family.

Don't wait for fate or destiny to affect your life, its your life, make it happen.

Finding something or someone that/who means more to you than yourself.

Make a conscious effort not to hold onto people who don't love us or people who hate us or people who make us mad or people who take us for granted ... we also care too little for the people who love us unconditionally, the people who adore us, the ones who still stick around in spite of all your shortcomings.

Make an effort to to live healthy for yourself and the people who care for you. Live long but more importantly live well.

Make a conscious effort to better the lives of the people around you, your family and circle of close friends.

Bloom where you are planted, not whine about why you are where you are.


10 comments:

panaceaasia said...

Absolutely right.

Masz said...

Totally agree.

Unknown said...

Very good principles to live by. Thanks for sharing.

Mister Leaf said...

Very nice short video.
life not just living.

Unknown said...

Right on...

As quoted from the Science of getting rich, "There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates,
penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.
A thought in this substance produces the thing that is imaged by the thought.
A person can form things in his thought, and, by impressing his thought upon formless substance, can
cause the thing he thinks about to be created."

TJ said...

Well said :)

Helen Ting said...

I had missed my daily dose of dali - welcome back!!!!

Justin Choo said...

"If anyone reads it carefully, they would know me very well...., if you think I am an asshole, you are probably right." Aha!!

Just in case I got it wrong, I looked up the dictionary for "aphorism" : a terse saying embodying a general truth, or astute observation, as “Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely” (Lord Acton).

Unknown said...

You have your values right. Totally agree.

If I can comment about you, I think you are what the chinese will call "hard mouth soft heart" person.

Have a good life and may you find God as well.

Andrew said...

Great and mighty words Dali.

Thanks with respect.