Thursday, July 05, 2018

Evita Remastered

Inspired largely by my friend Ed Soo ...



It won't be easy, you'll think it strange
When I try to explain how I feel
That I still need your love after all that I've done
You won't believe me, all you will see is a girl you once knew
Looking out of the window, staying out of the sun (now you tell me)
So I chose riches, running around trying everything new
But nothing impressed me at all
I never expected it to (too legit, too legit to quit)
Don't cry for me, Malaysia
The truth is, I've always screwed you
All through my wild days, my mad existence
I kept my diamonds 
Please keep your distance
And as for fortune, and as for fame
I always invited them in
Though it seemed to the world they were all I desired
They are illusions, they're not the solutions they promised to be
The answer was here all the time
I screwed you, and yet you love me
Don't cry for we are made of better stuff than that



No comments: