Sunday, December 23, 2012

This & That

I am not much of a cookies fan but got a few presents, a couple of them came from Crabtree & Evelyn. I didn't know they made cookies!!! But they were more than excellent. I don't mind the calories cause they tasted soooo good. My favourite has to be Strawberries & Cream. Try them, they are absolutely divine.







I was in HK recently, and although I smoke cigars, I don't really like cigarettes. But I chanced upon the display by Kent which bamboozled me. Obviously in addition to the cancerous lung pic, the rotting teeth and gums ... they now added this which says that smoking will make you age a lot faster.

What I thought was galling: how come ageing means being much darker; this would attract tremendous outrage in countries like America, Australia for sure ...

Only in HK or China can they get away with this. So politically incorrect. Funnily, when I showed this to a group of friends, the ladies ALL commented that the first thing that is NOT RIGHT about the picture was "WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE A WOMAN"????? ......


5 comments:

JLo said...

It has to be a woman because women tend to be more vain than men, those who think that is a sexist statement will just need to face reality.

I think it's very clever of them to use aging faster as a message. When people (both men & women) join a gym, it's really not to get healthy, it's to look good. The health benefits are just a bonus.

Playing on human vanity will likely be much more effective than black lungs.

bruno said...

Guys and gals,

"Happy Holidays.Have a Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year".

James said...

Well, a guy will age gracefully, and that is a fact. Nobody says look at Richard Gere, all old and wrinkle.

Women on the other hand decay in the opposite direction. All crumble and loose, man are like wine, age according to time.

solomon said...

Merry Xmas and God bless Murasaki...

Andrew said...

Because men doesn't give a F if they grow old (unless you're the metro-sexual type). Actually men can't wait to grow old (no, don't smoke more please!) because men are like whisky, they age well :-)