Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Gimme A Ninja Joe Anytime
OK, this is not such a big secret but has a very cult following. Its Ninja Joe Pork Burgers. They tasted better than stuff you even get in Macau or HK, seriously. But let's get the good stuff out first then the bad stuff. .... Look at the picture above, how to go wrong: bacon, cheese and crisply fried pork chop!!!
I think they are in Tropicana Mall, Mid Valley, Sunway ... why the burgers are so good: its fried to a nice crisp on the outside and still very juicy on the inside. Actually, just plain is best or black pepper, although they have a multitude of sauces.
Its a Malaysian owned operation. Ninja Joe could easily be the next J & Co. or Yoshinoya BUT:
- the store decor is deplorable
- the bun could be a lot better
- decent slices of tomatoes / cucumber please
- the menu is too complicated
- why the mini burgers???
- too many silly sauces, know what is good and stock to it, don't try and give too many choices so as to hit many customers, it results in confusion
- your drinks menu tries to be exciting but fails, do you even know what you are trying to project??? you call yourself Ninja Joe, do the drinks reflect that??? its all over the place
If you know what you do best, stick to it. I think you can franchise it even if you just have ONE product. If you are the owner and you want someone who knows their way to establish proper food franchisors and product branding and management or you want to sell the whole thing, please drop me an email.
Despite all the misgivings, the pork burger is still too damn good to ignore. Have one then tell me.